Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Scrushy

Well, Scrushy was aquitted. Holy bleeping shit. If you are ever in need of a top notch legal defense team, I recomend you get his guys because, while I certainly haven't followed the case that closely, I do know that a lot of other people admitted what they did and have been sentenced, and they all said Scrushy made them do it. I thought there were tapes where he said he did certain things...I am duly impressed.

Frankly, aside from the investors who lost money, I'm pretty satisfied that he had to 1. go through the hell of a major trial and 2. pay for all those attorneys. A trial like that, whether innocent or guilty, is horribly horribly stressful and certainly punishment enough for a normal white collar criminal. I'll give you 50-1 odds he will certainly not play fast and loose with his accounting methods in the future.

I wonder what's going to happen with HealthSouth stock now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it a good legal team? Smoke and mirrors? The possibility of money being thrown around? Or was it a group of people who didn't understand the technical aspects and wanted to go the *&^% home?

It's a lot to expect of people to give up such a chunk of their lives.

Maybe Scrushy will go buy another marina to celebrate. Help the economy, ya know. I shudder to think of the taxpayer dollars that have paid for this trial.

Kind of like the taxpayer dollars that went towards Roy Moore...but that's another rant for another day, lol.

Southern Magnolia

Ike said...

Where does he go now?

http://positiveposition.blogspot.com

St Yves said...

I just don't know because I didn't watch the trial. I understand that the lawyers made the argument that his trial was comprable to the Civil Rights struggles here in Alabama....but I have no idea how you sell one of the richest white men in Alabama as a "victim" of the old boy network....I guess you do it very very carefully. Granted, he has spent a lot of money helping people here and has done good things-- but then again, Hitler built the Autobahn... great things can come from people who do evil things. Philanthropy does not an innocent man make. This man is so anal about everything, from what I have heard about him, that I would be shocked if ANYONE could pull the wool over his eyes as he said his five CFOs did.