Monday, June 06, 2005

The greatest cab driver EVER.

My friends in Hotlanta have this cab driver whom they always call. His name is Bob. Bob also drives a mini-van, the cab mini-van being an important subset of the working mini-van. Bob however, is not by nature a mini-van sort of guy and his minivan reflects this.

We get out to the minivan and I end up sitting bitch in the way back. I have a full view out of the windows. Bob puts down the two- count them TWO video screens and cranks up the music. He choose Outkast, because you know, 30 somethings dressed up and going to Mid-town are obviously Outkast kind of people. I actually only knew it was Outkast because the video screens show appropriate videos to go along with the singing and since the music was soooooo loud you couldn't talk so I caught part of the mini concert after not being able to see any scenery because it was flying by so fast.

As soon as we took off I immediately began feeling around for the seatbelt- because over some of those hills I felt like I was going to be launched out of there.

Did I mention it was too loud to speak? I'm telling you I looked behind the seat and there was one of those boxes you build around speakers. I'm not going to tell you how big they were, because it wouldn't be anything but a guess-- but you could put your hand on the roof of the car and FEEL the vibrations. It was so loud, when we drove past the police sub-station he turned the base waaay down because he Sooo would have gotten a noise violation. He also very quickly turned off the front video screen when he passed a cop...

And people turned to check out the minivan. It was hysterical. We're zooming around, up and down streets trying to avoid the serious traffic and we are that car... the one old people shake their fist at, the one the hiphop crowd turns to check out....Until they see us.

When they see us, they keep looking-- because it can't possibly be the minivan.

It was a blast!

No comments: