Thursday, June 09, 2005

Never text your lawyer

This morning I had Court at 7 am.

7 am court has pros and cons.

Pro: you're out and back to the office by 9.

Con: 7 AM! Did I mention 7 AM?

Yeah, so my client doesn't show up. sigh. I got up to be there at 7 am and she's not there. I go to call her and leave her a message-- this is your attorney, you were supposed to be in Court at 7 am if you don't get here in the next 15 minutes they're going to issue a writ for your arrest.

So, I look down at my phone (set to light only naturally- it had better not ring in the Courtroom!) and see...a text message. Oh laws, I roll my eyes.

who dis? u call me?

So, I call back and leave her another message-- this time in the side room with the cops, this is your attorney I don't do text messages, get to Court now or they're going to issue a writ for your arrest! The cops are laughing.

and I get another text, why U callin me?

at this point I decide to text her back... your lawyer.... she calls like 2 seconds later. Waaahhhh! I forgot... I tell her get up and come now to Court...

Well, I got her a new Court date (cop had already gone home....) and realized I got my ass out of bed for NO REASON. Except, now its still only 9:30 and I've done amazing things at the office.

C'est la vie.

Don't text your lawyer...and wow! its pretty hard to forget criminal charges against you... maybe you need to consider the fact that your failure to consider them with the care they're due has something to do with why you have so many?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is BS in the plains...you obviously forgot Wednesday's blog. So make one up. I need more Tomacco!