Monday, February 28, 2005

Doggie Update

For those who were wondering:

Atreia is doing much better. She did not have a seizure over the weekend. YAY!!!! Unfortunately, The phenobarbital makes her anxious and tired at the same time (yawn pace, yawn, pace, whine) and worse, when she goes to sleep she looses bladder control and just... pees...

You can't fuss at her; she doesn't even realize what she did except that she wakes up wet and gets anxious.

We just have to chase after her and put towels under her- which is really sad. Oh, wait, don't sit down yet- let mommy get this towel under you....She peed on the kitchen rug, the blanket on the couch, the floor, my Beau's pants and the bed before we got a good hold of the situation. The vet says it should clear up within a week or so. At least I have a super capacity washer and plenty of dog towels.

Ok, so we're discussing the issue and we decide diapers may be the way to go until it clears up. My Beau is all for this-- he is plotting doggie diapers and how to make them fit. (He's an inventor my Beau) I have some good nylon and he's plotting the cover, tail hole, and how to affix it to her comfortably. Then, I suggest a maxi pad may be better... and he's all "That's where I draw the line! My girl may wear diapers but I'll be damned if she's is going to wear sanitary pads!" We both started laughing. "Ok, at least we know where the line is!" No maxi pads for Atreia!

(BTW, I know they make Fancy Pants for dogs-- but being the frugal wench I am, I ain't shelling out for something that costs twice as much just because it says "Dog" on it. )

This afternoon, I will purchase some diaper material at the sewing store and we will develop reusable doggie diapers with waterproof nylon lining....I smell income potential!

No comments: