Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Highschool

I have this theory. People who were popular in Highschool are ruined pretty much forever. It is really quite sad. They think that the behavior that worked in highschool will work for the rest of their lives. I witnessed this at my Dad's 30 year reunion where some of his old buddies acted like kids- and couldn't quit talking about how great highschool was. 30 YEARS LATER. So sad.

I witnessed it again today when I represented a person I knew in highschool. This person was sooo cool it hurt. This person was beautiful/hansome/pretty (I don't want to give away the sex) This person has been in and out of jail and prison. This person is on its 7th DUI. No college degree, no spouse, no family, no car, no house, no job. (I ain't got no cigarette....just 8 hours of pushing broom....)

So, wallow in your tortured highschool days. Remember that its the awful behavior of those catty wenches that made you know how important it is to be nice to people. The torture gave you depth. The reading so much made you interesting. The clothes snobbishness taught you that name brands weren't important. The studying lead to your degree.

And finally, throw a little pity towards your former nemesis- poor things, they really don't have a clue.

Its like I said to my best friend recently: having such awful clueless bosses really taught her a lot about leadership by teaching her what was not effective so that when she was the boss, she was able to lead soooo much better for all the difficulties she had been through.

No comments: