Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Pissed-at-the-world-Irrititis

So I'm sitting here thinking of things to write about and nothing particularly exciting has come to mind. The summer can be like this- quite a rut of same shit different day... And often I feel quite jaded because the stupid clients don't really phase me any more... Like this morning, my friend and I are sitting in Court and her client comes up to her and asks if she should have brought her phone records with her for Court today... And my friend looks at her and says, well of course, what did you think we were doing today? And I barely even rolled my eyes.

I mean, do you just not get it? Today is your day in Court- of course you should BRING YOUR STUPID EVIDENCE. Do you think we're just going to talk about what we're going to do? Why would you EVER come to Court without your evidence? I see that kind of stuff even on cases like the People's Court on TV... What did they think- they were going to be on TV twice? At least sometimes I find out they're actually lying- trying to pretend they have the evidence when they don't and I can truly understand that...but more often, they actually have the evidence and just don't bring it and THAT blows my mind.

I have a client coming in today and I don't think he'll be half an hour early this time. Last time he came half an hour early, and I said, "Why are you half an hour early?" and then I was irritated because I was just walking back from MadDog's office where I had gotten a ColdDrink and was going to come back and get his file ready and check my emails and mentally prepare for him, and there he was.

But oh no, he did come 20 minutes early- so this entry was interrupted.

I am in a service job, I am in a service job. If people did what they were supposed to do I would have to get a real job. Must repeat my mantra at least 20 times.

At least this time he didn't cry. Last time he cried. I felt really bad for him because he was in a bad way, and he deserved to cry from the stress- but still, dude, don't show up early and cry at me when I'm not mentally prepared for it. You would think after last time he would have gotten it and showed up ON TIME. But noooo, I guess I was just too nice. I should have sent him away and told him to come back when the big hand and the little hand were both pointing at the sky.

But, of course, I didn't, because its a bankruptcy and its easy money and so, I just sat down and went over it and printed it and filed it for him and said nothing about his inability to follow simple instructions possibly, just maybe being part of why he had to file for Bankruptcy....

So now I'm going to go and try to get the rest of my work done because I definitely have post vacation pissed-at-the-world Irrititis and the only way to cure that is to go home early and pretend your vacation really did relax you and wasn't too short... oh laws and its only Tuesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting little jaded aren't we?

Anonymous said...

Can anyone deal with people for a living and NOT become jaded at some point?

Thanks for sharing the pics from Alaska, they are gorgeous.

I know what you mean about not wanting to be an "ugly American." When I travel, I look at it as an experience to learn about other places and other people. I'm not there to force my opinions on people and judge them. And I'm not there to be LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. There is nothing like being in a historic European location for New Years' Eve and, out of a huge crowd of celebrants who are celebrating calmly, being able to pick out your fellow countrymen because of their loud, obnoxious, quite probably drunk behavior.

Southern Magnolia

St Yves said...

Let me first say how much I love comments... but Please note the statement in the first paragraph, "And often, I feel quite jaded" suggests that, yes, I'm feeling jaded right now... so Um, yeah, I guess if people who are literate, interesting and wonderful enough to want to read my blog actually make Captain Obvious comments on this level, I am clearly expecting Waaaaay too much from the general population. As for you, Southern Magnolia, you've inspired a story which will be my next piece.

Anonymous said...

This animosity and disrespect of the common man is very unbecoming. Yes, you have the right to be angry because of the lack of intelligence most people show, but no, you cannot complain about it because of the exhorbitant pay you receive for a fraction of the work these clients have to do just to survive.

St Yves said...

Thanks Southern Magnolia