Monday, September 26, 2005

Urban Legend

Ok, I never thought Bill Gates was going to send me $5.00 for each person to whom I forwarded that email.

I never thought people were sticking needles in the seats in movie theatres.

I never believed that aspertaime (Sp?) was turning to arsenic or whatever poisonous substance that was in my body.

I don't even think I'll have bad luck it I cut off that inspirational forward.

But I DID fall for the Mule. Sorry. Apparently, it is an urban legend and there is some discussion that the Mountain Lion was already dead. I discovered this when I checked the referring searches leading to my site. *** addendum: the mule is real, the death is real, the date and location are apparently wrong. Interesting... see:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mulelion.asp


I did read in the grizzly attack book I read in Alaska that there are no recorded grizzly attacks on mounted people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

since our st. is stoically stalling I will damn the dearth and send a silly sampler:

This is from an actual court transcript (I got it off one of those factoid calendars atop my toilet).

Mr. Jacobs: "Don't wave at me, or I will wave at you."

Mr. North: "You did wave."

Mr. Jacobs: "You can wave and I'll wave. Why don't we take five minutes to wave at each other?"

Mr. Black: "Why don't we stipulate that all waves will be waived?"

Also on that day: The average player in the NBA is 6 ft 7.4 inches tall.