Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The importance of a good Bar...

I've been out of comission for a while, as my 8 loyal readers may or may not have noticed : )

After a week of pain, I finally had surgey on my knee last Thursday and I feel so much better. The MRI suggested a simple tear of the meniscus, however, it turned out that most of the meniscus had come loose and was balled up between the bottom of my knee and the top of my lower leg. The surgeon removed most of it and I am back on my feet, at least for brief periods of time.

But the topic at hand is the importance of a good Bar. Aside from some difficult clients who couldn't seem to understand the meaning of the word Emergency, some good friends have really pitched in for me and it makes me realize how important it is to have mutual respect and flexibility towards each other in my profession. As one lawyer said to me a while back, "You can't double cross anyone here because its going to come back to haunt you and so you just play aboveboard and go along to get along." I haven't had one bit of difficulty out of any lawyers and several friends have handled what they could of my cases so that my appointed clients could resolve things without having to wait for me. I feel so thankful to work where I work-- a place where people pitch in and help.


*Bar: Lawyers admitted to practice before a particular Court, not bar: that place where if you drink too much and get behind the wheel you'll need a lawyer....

No comments: