Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Law and the common client.

Sometimes clients have funny notions about the law.

Like, your license can't be suspended if you don't have one. In fact, its your RIGHT to have one issued that is suspended and yes, that can happen whether or not you you actually went down to the DMV and passed the test.

And then, there is the defendant I overheard today: "Well, I'll plead to the harassment, but I know that accident wasn't my fault because SHE hit MY car." The prosecutor asks, "Well, how did she hit your car?" Defendant: "Well, I parked my car in front of hers and jumped outta the car and ran to her open window, then I grabbed her hair and smashed her face down on the steering wheel, and when I done that she let her foot off the break and hit my car."

I just about fell on the floor laughing. The prosecutor looked at her and said "You can't be serious thinking that's not your fault then."

But she was, so there's going to be a trial.

No comments: