Friday, April 21, 2006

Winning, loosing, and keeping up.

I've been super busy- so I'm sorry the posts have slowed down.

Last week I lost a case I should have won- Cop's own testimony was that my client was traveling at 50 MPH in a 50 and pulled over within 1/2 mile of his activating his blue lights, did not speed up nor turn from the main road and APPARENTLY this is still evading. So, remember, in Alabama you had better pull over damn quick or turn on your hazards until you can pull over.

I was pissed. My client will appeal. I figured he would loose the DUI because, well, you always loose that at the City level unless they screwed up big time and in that case, you can probably resolve it without a trial, but I really thought I had the evading.

Hmm, then I had Court, and more Court and covered for a friend who had a jury trial, and then did some more Court. Then, I had to do a bunch of orders and that training I did the little blog from, and hold people's hands and blah blah blah.

In other words, nothing particularly exciting. I leave you with a good quote:

"There is much here that is true and much that is relevant. Unfortunately, that which is relevant is not true and that which is true is not relevant." Winston Churchill

No comments: