Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Well, the weather's beautiful and I've caught up with a bunch of work but....

....but I have too many high maintainence clients right now. I so rarely give people my cell phone but three people have it right now and they are all using it.

Here's my favorite from last week: My client's baby daddy inherited 4 million- U.S.- after tax dollars- from a rich Aunt in India. First of all, who in Alabama has a rich aunt in India for crying out loud? Secondly, my client has decided to drop the DV charges against him. He agreed to pay the filing fee, of course, and he's going to buy 20 acres and build them each a home so they can... I dunno, fall off the wagon again, together, and piss away 4 million, U.S., after tax, dollars living across from each other like Woody Allen and Mia Farrow on crack in BFE Alabama.

These people have heretofore been fighting over a trailer with a mortgage of 22k. A 1990 trailer, with amenities like shotgun holes in the ceiling and security cameras specially installed to watch the neighbors... In case they try something.

I actually feel sorry for them for inheriting this money. Seriously, this man has been sober for less than 30 days. Granted, he did apparently kick crack on his own about 5 years ago, but money...So I have to act all happy for her when inside I'm thinking... You poor, poor girl. You have no idea how fast you can blow through this money.

Ok, I have to go to a Mardi grais party now... I'll be more regular with my writing this week.

No comments: