Monday, November 06, 2006

Courtroom attire....

There was a lawyer in Court today and this is what she was wearing:

Cute black leather, knee high, high heeled boots. (If only she had stopped there and paired those with a nice normal suit.)

Black hose, but the ones you can see leg through, not the opaque ones.

A tight, as in I could see a panty line, black leather knee length skirt.

A gray and white shirt with ruffles.

A cropped black leather bolero jacket.

A Barbie Pink, mock crock attache case.

And finally, the piece de resistance: a gray felt hat with one side of the brim jauntilly pinned up and held in place by a Turkey feather pinned to it. I AM NOT KIDDING.

I think if that was my attorney, I would have had SERIOUS doubts about my choice. I also don't care that she was from Birmingham. Birmingham isn't New York, and I don't think people there are wearing each of the fashion trends for the season together in one seminal outfit.

I, for example, was wearing my new "menswear" suit (Charcoal gray with subtle deep red and blue pin stripes) with my "jewel toned" (wine red) shirt- very new, very in and Very Freaking Appropriate.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Seriously, a hat? Was she a young attorney? Kinda sounds like she watched way too much "Legally Blonde." Funny story. You, on the other hand, sounded very professionally dressed as is to be expected.

St Yves said...

You know, that would be a good explanation, except she was probably 40+ --- so I think maybe she watched My Cousin Vinny and didn't get it : )

Of course, 40+ can be a new lawyer- lots of people are changing careers now a days.

Ironically enough, my best friend brought pictures this weekend of our interesting hat choices at a Homecomming game in High school- calf lenght, drop waist dresses with ginormous mums, pipecleaner letters glued on and ribbons and... inexplicably... hats. With our curled hair. Mine was green, hers was black.

Don said...

I wonder if she had a bullwhip and handcuffs in her attaché case. Anyone dressed that way would make me think they might moonlight as a lady of the evening on Air Base Blvd. or the Mobile Highway here in Montgomery. And no, I'm not a "John".