Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Brief post

I promise, as requested, my views on OJ, but first I saw this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15834072/from/ET/?GT1=8717

and thought, Great! Sue the wench. She is awful. If the law firm worked anywhere near me, I would volunteer to help them- whatever they needed.

I hope Nancy Grace feels like puking with guilt when she thinks about the things she says and how she treats people. Because I, unfortunately, saw part of that interview and felt so bad for the woman I had to change the channel- Nancy takes bare factless allegations and speculation and grills the woman with it. For crying out loud- every child who disappears is not a victim of his/her parents. Ok: suppose Nancy was right and the woman had something to do with the disappearance- did she really think that the woman was going to break down and tell her on live TV? Did she ever stop to think this is an exhausted, emotionally frazzled woman who came on my show to try to get some leads in her child's disappearance?

I'm all for good journalism where one asks the tough questions. Absolutely. But see, if she really wanted to aid the prosecution- she would ask similar questions to the one they have been asking all day long and see if she can get a slightly different answer to use to impeach her and/or further the investigation. She would make the person feel confident and comfortable and build upon their story- that's when liars really lie- they throw in a fact too many, or forget a fact.

I am really getting tired of people getting grilled because their reaction isn't what one expects it to be in the face of a tragic situation. We MUST realize that people behave differently under extreme situations. Prime example: Yesterday there was a terrible accident near me where a school bus careened over an overpass and landed (right side up) on the ground- some 15 feet below the ramp. One of the news channels interviewed a parent whose child had died and my husband was surprised at the mother's apparent good mood, smiles and laughter in the few seconds of video they show while doing the voice over. She was somber when on camera- but smiled when recalling how cheerful her daughter was. If she had been in any way possibly linked with the child's death- some might have found her behavior flippant or guilty- because she seemed happy in the hours after her child's death. Yet I understood where she was comming from: she had several other children at home, had to maintain for them and seemed to be a generally happy person- and possibly the true reality of the situation had not hit her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi,
I reached your blog via your comment on saudiJeans recent post "women out". I really admire your logic, and your way of rationalizing things and seeing the other side of things, thats a "Feature" that is very rare these days.
I share how you feel about Nancy grace, as if you were reading my mind about her super harsh ways with people she interviews...I understand where she is coming from though -losing her fiancee-, but still that doesn't give her the right to do what she is doing on this show. She used to show this intimidating talent of hers before when she used to appear on interviews, but I guess now she is being pushed even more by CNN to take it to a new level for the sake of the show. Just like that Mr. Glen Beck is doing on his show and its all business!!
I loved yor blog, hope to see you visit mine if you have time.