Friday, July 21, 2006

This week in the law....

Ok, its summer and everyone's posts have slowed down, so I'm just trying to make sure I do at least one each week. I am really busy, its hot and I have other things going on.

So, name of the week: Pie-trae. (With the hyphen)

Dumb client of the week: One who's in jail in County 1 for worthless checks and has worthless checks in counties 2 and 3-- except in trying to discover for her how much she owes each county I have only managed to learn she has even more in County 4. Her husband is calling me every two seconds and I'm sorry, but yeah, there's nothing I can do. If the person who's working that case in on vacation, they're on vacation.

There was a riot in the jail the other day a friend of mine "caused." Everyone has been giving her a hard time. : ) She's an appointed attorney like me and her client didn't like the bad news she gave him, so after she told him, he went back to his cell of 25 inmates and he got the whole cell rocking and rolling screaming her name-is-a-bitch. We even heard it in the Courtroom.

She was soooo funny. She went back there after they had her client in 4 point restraints and looked at him and said, "Dude, I am just the messenger. I do what I can but its not my decision. You should not be mad at me. But since you are, I will withdraw as your attorney. Good day."

I think I'm getting appointed. Oh Boy.

Its just a bad time to be in jail. Somehow, even with the ac working, people are just more whooped up in the summer.

No comments: