Friday, May 19, 2006

And then, even the smart ones do something dumb.

You know, I don't really bitch except in my blogs. I think that's why writing has slowed down a bit lately- because how often is it interesting to hear what an idiot my client was today? (By the way, I said this to a friend of mine and she told me it was always interesting and each client's fresh idiocy made her laugh, so I will keep telling you about the idiots.... Just not today.)

So today I'm going to tell you some nice things about my clients.

My very favorite all time client, and the very amazing, very cool gift he sent me.

He worked at a fireworks factory and I helped him fix some stuff his mortgage company had screwed up. He was sooo happy about it he sent me 4 GIANT boxes of every firework imaginable. No, really, every firework imaginable. Like, you walked into a fireworks stand when you were a kid and said, "Daddy, Daddy Daddy I want I want I want..." And he actually got it for you- which I can assure you MadDog never did, which is perfectly Ok with me now as an adult, because I know and understand what it would take work wise to purchase a grand of fireworks and why things like, ohhhh, clothes are more important. But man oh man was that a fun three days shooting those things off. I had the ultra-super-mega version of everything new and hip and I felt like Coolie McCool.

And then there are those who send me thank you letters. And pictures of their children. And jam. And candles. I really appreciate those because most of the time, instead, I hear from the ones who hate me. I have, in fact, a folder of thank you letters and some days when I'm really down about whether or not I make a difference I pull them out and read them. And I know, I do , in fact, make the world a better place and that, that makes being at work Friday afternoon at 5:15 PM all ok.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: