Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Snapshots from Lunch

So yesterday MadDog, Mommy Dearest and I went to lunch together at Captain D's because MadDog had coupons.

The following amusing conversations ensued:

Mommy Dearest: "Watch out, that car's going to hit you!"

MadDog: hesitates, then guns car. "Dammit woman, I'm driving."

Mommy Dearest: "Sorry, darling, its harder to backseat drive from the actual back seat. Your headrest was blocking part of my view. "

Then:

Driving down the main road in town we pass a shady bar I've never been to. It has a Mafia sounding name- in Alabama. The sign is advertising Karoke.

"Your mother and I went there once and your mother sang Karoke." He smiles at her in the rearview mirror.

"Wait a second, ya'll actually went there?"

"Yes, after a wedding. We were all dressed up. The regulars kind of looked at us funny, but they warmed up after your mother sang Karoke."

"Hmm, I've never been there. I tried to get my friends to go there the other day but they said we shouldn't- it wouldn't be cool."

"Well, we were scoping out places to take our friends when they came up to visit from the coast."

"I'd take them to (local bar) or (Other local bar)."

"Is there anywhere else? What about that spank the monkey place?" Shakes his head at the name.

I'm laughing now. "No, That's Spank Daddy's. And I think the crowd would be a little young, a little droopy pants and too much Hip-Hop music for you." MadDog starts laughing.

Mommy Dearest says, "Why are ya'll laughing? What's funny?"

Me: Spank the monkey means to masturbate.

Mommy Dearest: Is that term used for when boys or girls masturbate?

"Boys."

"I have never heard that. Well, I just always learn something new when we're in the car with you."

My parents are just so cute.

No comments: