Friday, October 13, 2006

Aphorisms for Friday

I have been in Court a total of 15 hours this week- which is tough when Court is only in session for about 6 hours per day, Monday was a holiday and I don't have court today. So out of 18 possible hours of Court I was there 15- plus, I was both myself and MadDog AND I was usually in two Courts at the same time.

But, aside from bending the laws of physics, it was a good week. I did well, I did good, and I nailed a couple of people's balls to the wall.

The old aphorism goes: If the facts are on your side, pound the facts, if the law is on your side pound the law and if neither is on your side, pound the table. I had a table pounding case yesterday. I was at a disadvantage to begin with because it was a motion to alter amend or vacate and MadDog argued the original case so I had no idea about the previously offered testimony, but the other lawyer had just been hired, so he didn't either. Just picture it: two lawyers arguing about the sufficiency of evidence offered that neither was present to hear the evidence initially.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Sara and Scott said...

I really like that saying.
It's totally true... but never thought of it that way.
I'm totally going to use it.