Monday, June 19, 2006

In the Courtroom....

So today a man came in and said he hadn't been served when the process server said he had been. So I called him up and he remembered the guy all right- said the guy first ran out the back door, then chased him around with a baseball bat and then threw the papers on the ground and jumped up and down on them.

The guy's lawyer is all holier-than-thou "you didn't serve my client! This writ must be recalled!" and the guy is sitting there claiming he never received nothin' and I get to fight back with "You Honor, my process server is on his way and his version is very different from this man's version and he will be testifying that he did serve the papers just as he swore in the affidavit."

And the guy looks up and says, "That crazy son-of-a-bitch is commin' here?" and I looked at his lawyer and back at him and said, "Yeah, the one who served papers on you." And guy says, "He was tresspassing! He didn't have permission to be on my property!" So of course, before process server can even get there dude changes his story to one of being harassed by the process server- and, this is where other lawyers frustrate me- instead of telling his client to deal with it- other lawyer is explaining to his client how to get a warrant for my process server's arrest for tresspassing! And I just want to smack the lawyer- he should be telling his client to sit down, shut up and do what he is supposed to do. When the lawyer asked me the process server's contact information I told him no way would I give it to him and I couldn't believe he wouldn't steer his client away from doing that. He just shrugged.

Oh well, he'll never get a conviction and guy's attention span is probably too short to maintain interest that long.

Second good thing for Monday? Got a call today from a man who I beat up pretty badly in a divorce two years ago- wants me to do his loan closing. So cool when they hire you after you did them in.

No comments: