Thursday, January 26, 2006

Press the flesh and pass the salad...

So I am just returning from Lunch With The Governor and off to have a little trial. Do you think my client will be so impressed with my luncheon date that she will forgive the fact that I can't win her case?

Yeah, me either. (Update... huh. Actually I won- since we didn't get to the facts. Mom was driving daughter's rental car... so while mom didn't have insurance in the car, hence the ticket, there was insurance that covered the car, therefore ticket dismissed, therefore the "victim" can't recover damages from her under the ticket (called restitution in Criminal Court.) I did have to advise my client that if the insurance companies couldn't work it out, then he could sue her civilly. I suggested that if they made a demand for his deductible to settle the case she should pay. Miracurously, his deductible changed from 1K to $500.00 just between the last court date and today....so I'm hoping that he just goes away.)

Unfortunately, MadDog didn't tell me about lunch until I arrived at work and I'm wearing a too big camel colored suit from 1992. Black is the color of republicans- so I the ONLY person in a suit that is not dark. Eeehh, I am not, nor shall I ever be, a politician so who cares.
Yummy free lunch with chocolate mint pie for dessert. Press the flesh, hi, hello, great to see you. "Lawyer, philosophical lawyer, nice to see you. "

Lots of fun political happenings in my hometown today. I saw a picture in one of the elevators in the Courthouse this morning- someone had taken a picture of a pig and photoshopped the head of one of the county commissioners on it. Next thing you know they'll be passing notes around and everyone will be whispering that so-and-so really is a doodie head.

No comments: